Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 3: Play With Me!

Giving us a Dashing smile...

Sunny summer Saturday made it a perfect day to spend lots of time outside on the leash, trying to figure out what it is Mom wants you to do out there. And yes, he finally did figure it out on our fifth walk of the day. What was that the doctor said about taking it easy for a few days? The people from his past life said that they never really took him for walks.. but this is a guy who loves to get around! We also tried our hand at a few games of fetch. Unfortunately, another concept that seems completely foreign to him. I would throw the toy and he would enthusiastically run after and attack it. Then he'd come back to me, tail wagging, leaving the toy behind in the grass. Maybe it's a different game.. "Mom Does the Fetching". They say that poodles are highly intelligent animals. My son suggests that he may be too smart to fetch.
We had fun today, but I fear that he's going to be pretty bummed when we all go back to school and he's stuck home in a crate all day. On the other hand, he's so good sitting at our feet while any of us are at the desk.. I'm wondering if they'll let my daughter just bring him to school with her? (Wouldn't they love that?) Really, she finds him very therapeutic, and I'll write some more about that tomorrow or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment